First Foray into Procedural Content Generation

I’ve made the first step. It may not be a big one but it’s a start. I’ve managed to make a small program that displays an array of “pixelData” to screen, which may seem small but its what it can be used for that makes it big.

RANDOM NOISEThe above picture is my output. All I’ve done is assigned a random number to the red, green, and blue values of each pixel, and that’s given me noise.

Of course right now it’s technically not procedural generation it’s just random generation. Which will make a nice foundation for me to delve into procedural content.

For my next step I’ll be implementing my own version of noise probably using eitherĀ Perlin or Open Simplex.

The code for this can be found on my Github, it’s tagged as v1.0 versions after that will likely have added features.