A Development Update …

With academic year finally finished and all work submitted I’ve finally had the free time to be able to do a bit of casual development without worrying that I should be doing something else instead. The result of that isĀ Hexagons!

For quite a while now I’ve been wanting to try my hand at developing a game based on hexagonal tiles, so that’s what I did. Below is a small .webm of what it looked like after 3 nights of development, a total of maybe 15 hours. Continue reading “A Development Update …”

First Foray into Procedural Content Generation

I’ve made the first step. It may not be a big one but it’s a start. I’ve managed to make a small program that displays an array of “pixelData” to screen, which may seem small but its what it can be used for that makes it big.

RANDOM NOISEThe above picture is my output. All I’ve done is assigned a random number to the red, green, and blue values of each pixel, and that’s given me noise.

Of course right now it’s technically not procedural generation it’s just random generation. Which will make a nice foundation for me to delve into procedural content.

For my next step I’ll be implementing my own version of noise probably using eitherĀ Perlin or Open Simplex.

The code for this can be found on my Github, it’s tagged as v1.0 versions after that will likely have added features.